Will be moving, all book review requests still welcome, but will be postponed a few weeks.

Looking for newly published and upcoming authors

Now taking recommendations, link requests and criticisms!

Postcards are “flying bits of joy”

~~Kat Young

Updating Schedule

About Bookie Monster

Highly Recommended Titles

Florida Villa: Florida's Best, at your Request

Editing Fiend

Shawn Speakman

JScott Nelson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

John is a Ravenous Reader, and will be returning to University in september to finish a degree in French (and misc). John will get a job in the publishing industry even if it kills him.

Tuesday 24 July 2007

Audio Clip of Acacia

Feast your ears on this, the first available audioclip of David Anthony Durham's "Acacia: The War with the Mein".

Audiobooks need just the right voice actor to bring a story to life and each book needs a different style of reading. So choosing who will be reading a 25hr+ book is a huge decision to make.

I'm quite impressed by Dick Hill's voice-- it has a hint of Patrick Stewart to it, and a tiny echo of Anthony Hopkins.

Labels:

Comments on "Audio Clip of Acacia"

 

Blogger Sue said ... (25 July 2007 at 12:55) : 

Thank you very much for the Audio Clip of Acacia, John. It was a neat find. On listening to this small, but wonderful teaser of an excerpt, I find it encourages one to do buy and listen it in its entirety -- or buy and read the book, like I am going to do, as soon as possible. *grins*

 

Blogger John Ottinger III (Grasping for the Wind) said ... (25 July 2007 at 13:49) : 

I noticed that you had me in your blog roll. Thanks! I'll add you to mine in gratitude. Be blessed.

 

Blogger Tia Nevitt said ... (25 July 2007 at 20:29) : 

The voice was fabulous. I could listen to him talk for 29.5 hours, I think. However, I have no need to since I'm (finally) almost done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (15 November 2008 at 23:24) : 

I wish they had chosen a different voice. The way he pronounces the 'o' in certain words drove me crazy. Maybe cause I am a Brit and not used to that somewhat odd accent...

 

Have your Say